Why go on a regular, run-of-the-mill wine tour when you can indulge in a wine vacation with experiences not regularly available to the everyday traveler? Instead of just getting shuttled from vineyard to vineyard, do something memorable like enjoying exclusive dinners with winery owners or participating in personal blending sessions. Check out Taste Vacations, a luxury travel company that specializes in wine, beer, food, and spirits tours throughout the world.
Get up close and personal with Washington Wine Country on their hands-on vacation. Treat yourself to:
- A walk through downtown Walla Walla with a local historian
- A personal blending session at Northstar Winery
- Exclusive dinners with wine owners, including an “Art Meets Wine” dinner with the owners of Foundry Vineyards
- Al fresco lunch at Destiny Ridge Vineyard in the Horse Heaven Hills
- Additional wineries visited include Delmas Wines, Doubleback Winery, McKinley Springs, Alexandria Nicole Cellars, Chinook Cellars, and more
Or if you’re looking for more of a challenge, try Zephyr Adventures, Taste Vacations’ sister company that specializes in active vacations, with several featuring wine regions around the globe. For example:
- New Zealand Multisport & Wine Adventure: Hike, bike, taste and explore the vibrant wine regions of New Zealand, visiting both the North and South Islands.
- Chile & Argentina Multisport & Wine Adventure: Discover the delectable wines of Chile and Argentina while hiking, biking, horseback riding, and even rafting your way through these two incredible countries.
Interested in finding out more? Sign up for their newsletter to get info on upcoming trips and receive $100 off your first booked trip!